Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Texting! 143!


We had some truly wonderful Top-10 pages in the last Funday Monday challenge and our winner was Jamelee Morano from the Phillipines. Her RAK is on the way!
So this week's Funday Monday challenge idea came to me from a challenge done at Making Memories For You and I thought it would be fun for us to do at MAF. I call it the Sign Language Challenge.
In today’s technology-based world, texting has become second nature to many of us. I Love You has been replaced with I “heart” U … “see you later” has become “C U L8R”.
I always use "143" to tell someone I love them, or "TTYL" for talk to you later. There are so many shortcuts to use when texting. What is your favorite?
For this challenge, replace one or more words in your title with a single letter, number, icon or graphic and upload it to your gallery at MAF. As usual, there is an RAK up for grabs!


I have a funny story to go with this challenge. My husband and I (married 28 years now) always leave each other little love notes. One day while I was out, my husband came home at lunch and decided to leave me a note. He wrote on our fridge in huge colorful letters 143 - I LOVE YOU. So of course when I came home I thought it was sweet but when I tried to wash it off the fridge, it would not come off! And this is not our fridge! We live in military housing and this is government property! My poor husband thought he had used erasable markers, but he had used permanent markers! We have tried every product imaginable to take off the marker and all we have managed to do is take the paint off the door. So the moral is, if you are going to text, do it on your cell phone or computer.




Do you have any funny texting stories? Leave me a comment here to be in a drawing for an additional RAK from me! Happy texting and TTYL!

2 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Molly said...

Have you tried rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover? That takes off sharpie.... funny story!

Molly
http://mollylee.etsy.com/
http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com/