Monday, September 7, 2009

Another Funday Monday challenge and A Winner!


This week's Funday Monday Challenge at Memories Always- Forever is to Reuse/Recycle/Repurpose
On this Omedeto (congratulations) page I repurposed two peices of packaging from Prima. On the first one, you can see that I used the piece of packaging as is. I love the color of the packaging that Prima flowers come on, so I simply slipped it behind my photo and used the area peeking out as my journaling card.

The second peice of packaging is also from Prima, but was the band used to hold the Sew Cute patterened paper. This band served as the product label and had a lot of writing on it, so I chose to paint it. Once dry, I punched holes and strung my Tim Holtz framents on a chain laced through the packaging.
The final picture is a detail of the tissue-paper flower, made simply by cutting 2 sizes of circles, layering them, inking them and snipping along the edges for a ruffled effect. The flower stem is made with a beautiful Zva Creative crystal flourish. The page was created from a sketch at Let's Scrap.
For the Curlz page (created with a Sketchy Thursday sketch) I inserted my grandson's lock of hair inside a peice of packaging from Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones. The package is clear and kind of raised, so it made a perfect place to stash something. It's sealed shut with the washi tape.
There are so many ways to Reuse/Recycle/Repurpose while scrapbooking. Give it a try and you could win a prize from me. Simply upload your LO to the Funday Monday challenge at MAF. The contest runs Sept 7 - Sept 13.
And now for our winner of last week's Funday Monday In the Garden challenge: Pat Bishop's beautiful LO showcased her granddaughter with this pretty bloom-filled page! Congratulations Pat. PM me your addy and I'll send you the prize of bling including a pack of gorgeous Zva Creative crystals!

2 comments:

Pat said...

WHOO-hoo!!! I am stocked. Thanks Theresa.

kath said...

great ideas! I have to put my thinking cap on! And beautiful layout from Pat.