Saturday, June 6, 2009

Money Laundering

I commemorated this fun visit to an Enoshima shrine with a layout from a sketch over at Scrap In Japan. It's not my usual style to leave so much blank space, but I really wanted to give it a try. I also used a non-stamped title for the challenge at the new site Pile it On. (http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/) The word Money is cut with my Wishblade and the word Laundering is printed with Microsoft Word then outlined with a Micron pen.
At this shrine, the water from the spring is said to purify and multiply your money. So who can resist giving coin washing (or zeniarai) a try? And to make sure your treasures are safe while they are out of your pocket, a huge serpent stands solemn guard.
I carry two wallets at all times: one for yen and one for dollars, which I have nicknamed yennies and pennies. Emptying both wallets into the baskets supplied, I washed them carefully, dried them and put them all back in their little pink pouches. The idea is to spend the coins within a week and wha-lah! -they come back to you double or triple. Soon my wallets will be overflowing with more yennies, and more pennies!
I'll be sure to let you know how this works out for me. (wink)

Supplies:
DCWV Far East Stack
DCWV Cardstock Stack, Neutrals
Bazzill black
Laundry Line journaling tag
Ranger Distress Ink - straw
Style-a-bility - trim
Color Box Chalk, Charcoal
Black Micron pen
White Jelly Roll pen
Chow Fun font from dafont.com

3 comments:

kathy said...

very cool! and I like the layout too! LOL

Vickilyn said...

Beautiful layout! You know money laundering is illegal right?!?! LOL

Great great job!!

Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

~Vicki

Anonymous said...

yay, you got the linky thing to work!

I really like your little coins and beads on your LO! Thanks for playing... wow all the way from Japan!

I hope to see you play next week too.

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!