Friday, January 23, 2009

Fuji



The winter is the most wonderful time of year to view Mt. Fuji. For most of the year, the mountain is so high that it sits surrounded by clouds. But the crisp winter air offers up the most clear blue skies and so the fabulous Fuji is visible from most everywhere in central Japan.


My hubby and I drove up the mountain as far as we could on New Year's Day, until the snow prohibited our ascent. I love the way my photos turned out so of course, the next step is to scrap them.


It's hard for me to pick a favorite on this page. The Bo Bunny Winter Whisper papers are gorgeous and I love the shine of the Virtual Metal accent from Magic Scraps. It has been a very long time since I have seen snow so I couldn't wait to use the snowflakes from Jolee's Boutique and Imaganisce on a layout.


But if forced to pick a favorite, I would have to say it is the Heidi Swap ghost alphabet. Here, I traced them onto the Virtual Metal, then trimmed out the metal to back the letters with. I very lightly sanded the letters, sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and topped them with Stickles before using glue dots to adhere the Virtual Metal to the back.


Of course you know there is so much more you can do with the ghost letters - you can use rub ons, paint them, tie ribbons around them, or just leave them plain. They are so versatile. Give these fun alphabets a try and be sure to show me what you come up with!
Here's my supply list:
Bo Bunny Winter Whisper papers in Swirl and Frost
Bazzill brown cardstock
Magic Scraps virtual metal
Queen & Co felt fushion
Jolee's Boutque snowflakes
Imaginisce snowflowers
Stickles silver
Heidi Swap ghost alphabet in Reason lower
Darice rhinestones
Jewel glitter - mulit
Glimmer Mist - sea glass
Stickopotomus letters and numbers
Doodble Bug Fancy That swirls



No comments: