1. The roses are made with a series of 19 hearts in different sizes. I used the Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut mine out of some pretty pink papers in the following sizes:
a. Five 2" hearts
b. Four 1 ½” hearts
c. Four 1 ¼” hearts
d. Four 1” hearts
e. Two ½” hearts
Of course, you could also cut the hearts with punches or even hand-cut them for an interesting look.
2. In addition, you will need a tiny hole punch (a push pin works just as well); scissors; a skewer, stylus or pencil; a brad; some ink and Stickles ( I used Cotton Candy pink).
3. Punch tiny holes in the bottom of each heart.
4. Cut each heart about ¾ of the way in half to make petals. At this stage you can distress and Ink the edges of all petals if you desire.
7. Finish with stickles and let dry about 20 minutes.
To make a smaller flower, repeat steps b-e above, but make one extra b size ( 1 1/2") heart.